Archive for March, 2010
Pet Friendly Apartments for Rent
Large Dog Friendly Apartments
Your pet is your best friend, almost like a sibling in some cases. People should never have to drop their pet off somewhere else, or give them up completely to move to a new apartment home. As a large dog pet owner I can tell you first hand that you will eventually have to deal with this problem if you lease an apartment. Whether you are a student, young professional, or non-home owner in general you will eventually need to move at some point for a job situation, university transfer, etc. When you’re in the market for a new place, you’ll have to decide what to do with little Neiman the over-weight pug.
Locating a large dog friendly apartment or pet friendly apartment can be difficult to do if you go at it alone. Most apartment communities simply do not accept pets, but it’s changing because more complexes are realizing people love their pets. If prospects cannot keep their pets then the apartments won’t make money on loyal pet owners because they won’t lease. You can always hide your pet when you fill out an apartment leasing application, but eventually management or a leasing agent will see your pet when it goes out to take a dump. At this point, you’ll be evicted or have to pay a hefty fine on top of having to give up your pet in order to continue living there. Take a look at our selection of apartments in Arlington TX, this area has a variety of large pet friendly apartments available.
All of this can be avoided by contacting our Texas apartment locators or by simply browsing our searchable database of TX apartment rentals online. Apartment ninjas are pros at putting together accurate property lists for clients based on specific search criteria. Our apartment finders have access to every apartment community in the state of Texas. Our real estate ninjas can pin-point the perfect apartment residence for you and your pet with a click of a button. An accurate list of rentals will be sent to you within minutes. Hope this helps.
By Your Mother
Apartments Near Willowbrook Mall
If you’re looking for an area with great schools, a bountiful supply of restaurants, and plenty of things to do, take a peak at the apartments in Willowbrook. The greatest quality that Willowbrook apartments in Houston, TX have to offer is that the majority of them are newer. Anyone who does a little driving around and explores this area is bound to come across Vintage Park apartments. This community is situated within walking distance to HEB, Potbelly’s Sandwich Shop, and my favorite, Chipotle. Needless to say, if it’s great food you’re after you won’t have to look far. Are martinis you’re thing? Luxe Bar & Lounge just opened up in this area and it’s super nice. Dress for success and don’t show up in full ninja attire like me or they might not let you in. It’s okay though, there are plenty of other ninja friendly bars near the apartments in Willowbrook. Clients who expressed interest in Houston apartments near Willowbrook Mall also liked Northwest Houston apartments.
by Adam Shrum
Top 5 Apartment Amenities
Apartment Amenities that Matter – Best Amenities
It’s always good to make a checklist of what amenities you must have in your new apartment home before searching. I’ve decided to compile a list of the top five amenities I hear requested when assisting clients with their search. Nearly all Houston Apartments have one or more of these features.
The following should be of some help in creating a list and narrowing down your options:
1. Washer and Dryer Connections (Full Size W/D Included) – I’m a firm believer that having in unit washer/dryer connections play an important role in your quality of life. Having to use on-site facilities or worse yet a laundromat, brings a certain feeling of dread. The task begins with scrounging for quarters followed by lugging a giant pile of dirty clothes down stairs that you hope you don’t get tripped up on. Then, once you get the load into the machines you can’t leave. If you do leave somebody could come by and take your clothes out if they need the machine, or they might even steal your clothes! Avoid wrinkles in your clothes and your life by renting an apartment with washer/dryer included. I recommend Broadstone West Eighteenth, apartments in Houston Heights, because they have top of line washer and dryers.
2. Garden Tubs (and/or Walk-in Showers) – Bubble baths are fun. If you think garden tubs are fruity, which they are…Adam, then make sure your unit comes with a walk-in shower. If you don’t enjoy a bubble bath every now and then, you’re not living life. If you’re tall like me a regular sized tub just won’t cut the mustard for bath purposes. A garden tub a.k.a. DEEP DISH tub will leave you with ample room for all your bathing needs. Some garden tubs now have jacuzzi jets in them which massage you and provide a more relaxing experience. Whether you’re looking to recreate the Pee-Wee and Francis bath scene or just need extra ledges for your shampoo collection, you’re sure to enjoy a great big garden tub in your apartment.
3. Resort-Style Pool – There are all types of swimming pools at apartment communities – Olympic, European saltwater, infinity, rooftop, hot tubs, etc. As long as the complex has some type of pool you should be good. If an apartment community doesn’t have a pool it usually means they are not too concerned with hosting resident meet up activities. I think it’s important to mix and mingle with the people who live around you because that’s the easiest way to make new friends. The Trails at Rock Creek apartments in Northwest Houston have a lazy river that you can tube around while meeting your neighbors.
4. Gated Access – Feeling safe is the concern I hear most often when finding apartments for people. For some, gated access is enough, but others want a gate security officer, 24 hr. patrol, and in-home alarm system. Personally, I feel that the gate itself is probably enough to deter criminals away from Apartments in Houston. When shopping for an apartment with a gate make sure there is a camera system in place as well. If someone does break into your apartment, capturing their license plate on tape may be the best way to catch the crook.
5. Non-Carpet Flooring (Stained Concrete or Hardwood Floors, Preferably) – There are three main types of non-carpet flooring – wood, laminate, and stained concrete. If you have a dog, finding an apartment with non-carpet flooring is almost a no-brainer. Keep in mind that wood and laminate scratch easily, so if you’re dog is large – 50 lbs. or more – there’s a good chance the floor is going to get scratched up. I’ve heard of property management keeping entire deposits for scratched floors, so do yourself a favor and find a unit with stained concrete if you have a big dog. Other advantages of non-carpet flooring are that it’s easier to clean, better for people with allergies (dust gets trapped in carpet), and when shined they make your pad look baller.
By Adam Shrum
AMLI at 5350 Apartments for Rent
Newly Built Central Austin Apartments for Rent
AMLI at 5350 apartments, formerly 5350 Burnet, is a newly built, mid-rise apartment home conveniently located near the Allandale neighborhood. These Central Austin apartments consist of 175 luxury rental units offering everything from built-in computer desks to kitchen islands with granite counters and stainless steel appliances. Burnet Road is the ‘Real Austin” and like SOCO South Congress apartments, is filled with nearby unique boutique shops and dining options that keep it all the way funky. Entertainment opportunities are plentiful in the area as well.
A bold departure from traditional apartment living combining comfort and style for an authentic ATX experience, 5350 Burnet is the place to submit a TAA rental application if your in the market for central Austin apartments. Enjoy simple access to major Austin highways and thoroughfares. Contact our Austin Apartment locators and make 5350 Burnet your new home today!
All Bills Paid Apartments in San Antonio, Texas
Tired of paying your bills? Then live at these apartments that will pay for all your bills! All bills paid apartments in San Antonio are located all around the city. These apartments offer incredible deals and include a program where they pay for your utilities! Be sure to check out the photos of these San Antonio “All Bills Paid” apartments and choose your favorite one.
Top 5 San Antonio Neighborhoods featuring All Bills Paid Apartments:
- The Robert E. Lee Downtown San Antonio Apartments
- Greenbriar Apartments Northeast San Antonio
- Diplomat Lackland AFB Apartments
- The Reserve at Pecan Valley Apartments Southeast San Antonio
- Springvale Manor Apartments Lackland AFB