Archive for the ‘houston suburbs apartments’ tag
Apartments on the Outskirts of Houston
The city of Houston is quite large. In fact, Houston has a population of 5.7 million people and there are over 2,000 apartment complexes. But what do these numbers really mean? When you hear someone say, “What up? I’m from H-Town” or “Yo dawg. I’m from Screwston” they could mean Houston or any of the outlying areas. In college I met a ton of people who said they were from Houston, but they were really from The Woodlands or Friendswood. There are 12 main areas, that I call “The Outskirts”, which are generally acceptable to be from and still claim you’re a Houstonian. Here’s a list of Houston Apartments that are interchangeable:
- Sugarland Apartments – This area is sweet! Seriously though, if you’re from here you’re probably well off.
- The Woodlands Apartments – If you couldn’t already tell by the name, there are lots of trees here and apartments sprinkled in with the mansions.
- Katy Apartments – This area is named after your sister, Katy. Get it? They are sugar and spice and everything nice.
- Pearland Apartments – A lot of doctors and nurses choose this area to be close to work, but not have to deal with the hustle and bustle of all that is inner loop.
- Pasadena Apartments – AKA Stankadena. This place smells like highlighter, but it’s good if you work in the factories.
- Deer Park Apartments – Pasadena’s better looking sibling. In my opinion, this area’s a little nicer.
- Clear Lake Apartments – Don’t forget your snorkel. Lots of water activities for people who call this part of town home.
- Kingwood Apartments – Fun fact! This area is known as “The Livable Forest”.
- Friendswood Apartments – I’ll be there for you…I’ve never heard a bad word spoken about this community.
- Stafford/Missouri City Apartments - People who live here wanted to live in Sugar Land, but couldn’t afford it. I’m one of them.
- Cypress Apartments – Apparently the school system here is stupendous. Young Einstein’s everywhere.
- Spring Apartments – For people who love antiques and crawfish. I always go the Crawfish Boil they host annually. Lots of fun.
There you have it. Next time someone wants to pull a fast one on you, have this list handy. If their real address isn’t one of the areas above, call them out. Remember though, the list above is just this guy’s opinion and I can’t be responsible for personal injury due to confronting someone. Houston is the land of concrete hills, humidity, and Platinum/Gold Grillz. If you agree with that statement, you’re definitely from Houston.
By Adam Shrum